Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Parlour Guitar(s)

I've had a Parlour Guitar idea in mind for a wile now and it's time to get started on it. I'm calling it a Pacific Guitar... Back & sides of Arbutus wood (Madrona to you Americans) and top of Koa, Neck will be Narra so all woods that border the Pacific Ocean..

Should be interesting.

Yesterday I started rough thicknessing with a safety planner (actually the new 6 bladed clone from Music Tools in Brazil).Tonight I finished that off with a hand plane.. whew, good workout thicknessing a top and back..

I'm also doing a more standard Parlour with a Indian Rosewood back & sides and a Western Red Cedar top and Spanish Cedar neck, but my arms are too tired to hand plane Rosewood tonight..

Oh and the new planer for Music Tools works very well!

New planer setup

With new table & hold downs

The old Stanley on the right works best for figured woods.
Think it cost me 20.00 plus a new blade.

Going to be a nice looking top when it is done

Good nights work

No comments:

Post a Comment