Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mandocello Build Started

So Summer jobs are done and it is time to get started on building this Mandocello.. My order of building is sort of whatever I feel like doing that day..

So I've got a bunch of wood lets see what we can make out of it...

We have Espave for the neck, a first for me, Sitka Spruce for the top, Oregon Myrtle for the back and sides and  Rose wood for the fingerboard and Bridge, trim is also going to be Rosewood

So lets start with the top..

Jointed and glued up
And a top needs a rosette, this one is made out of scarps, Rosewood,  Koa, Ebony and some Maple I think...


So all glued up and then cut to shape using a Dremel tool in a Bishop Cochran base, which works very well for this..


The green tape is just extra it is actually held down with double sided tape

All done
Now to route the matching pocket in the soundboard..



And glue in...




No comments:

Post a Comment