Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Making a floating Bridge with My New Toy

The Celtic Tenor guitar I'm working on will have a floating bridge and tailpiece so tonight I thought I would make the floating bridge.. I just happen to have to have recently got a Bishop-Cochran preciscion base for my Dremel tool and this was a good opportunity ti try it out.. http://www.bishopcochran.com/

I used this to cut a 3/32" wide and 5/32" deep slot for the bone saddle that will be inseted into the bridge, which is ebony.

The precision base worked great and I thing the bridge turned out good. It is patterned after the period Regal bridge that would have been on this style of guitar in the 1920's.

The base (nice red colour) and a simple set up in a vise to cut the slot

The completed bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment