Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

More Jig Building

Since I plan to make several styles of guitars etc and probably with several experimental versions of each that add up to a lot of forms to hold sides in shape.. I just don't have space for that so I built a universal form that can adapt to most any guitar size.. This one should work for size 5 (Trez) to Dred plus Bouzoukis and Dulcimers..

I'm going to try using the larger diameter dowels as spreaders, not sure how that will work but if it does not spreaders are simple to make.

I may also mount a pipe flange and short length of pipe in the center that way I can use a radius dish with a hole drilled in the center to radius the sides.

The hardest part was cutting all the channels..

All laid out and starting to cut the slots

I think the larger diameter dowels will work as spreaders

The finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment