Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Jig Making

Making your own jigs and tools is part of luthiery but it can be a bit of a pain when you would rather be working on an instrument.. Anyway I was in need of a better method of routing bindings and as that time is fast approaching with this guitar I thought I would take a break before voicing the top and make a new binding router jig.

I have very! limited shop space so one of the more commonly seen parallel arm jigs or some of the other larger styles just do not work for me. So I have made one based on the KMG guitar jig. I would have bought one from them but they only sell it as a complete kit with the laminate trimmer and I already have way too many routers and laminae trimmers so I built the part of the jig I need to fit into my existing router table. We shall soon see hoe it works..

My design :-)

Trimmer base set up to go in my router table

Business end of the jig

All together

Close up


No comments:

Post a Comment